Saturday 15 September 2012

Shu uemura !








Feminine Palette
 

Today I went to the launch of Shu uemura's new collection, in which the company collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld. We saw the new products, and got to test them out. In this collection there are two palettes. One feminine (left), and one more on the masculine side (right). There are six shadows in each palette. The eyeshadows are so beautifully pigmented, however they aren't colours I usually wear, however the quality is exceptional! There are also four lipsticks in this range, two are quite dramatic and bold ( red, and a dark purple/brown) and the other two are nudes. There are also two gel eyeliners in the collection, a deep purple and a dark brown. These are very pigmented however I did find that they smudged on me quite quickly! There is also a new eyelash curler  in the collection, with a chain of the "mascot" on it, which is optional to keep on or take off. The mascot is a women with red eyes, to show the Japenese flag and a black bob hairstyle. Fianlly there are two pairs of eyelashes in the collection, neither of them are natural looking, which is what i look for in flase eyelashes! All in all, I wasn't in love with the collection's colours, I really wanted to fall in love with the palettes but the colours werent really my style.The lipsticks I thought weren't to different from others I have myself or have seen from other brands. The eyelash curler definetly stood out for me, it had gorgeous detailing and works amazingly!

We also tried products from the permanent line, and for some reason my skin didnt take a great liking to a few of the products. We used an oil cleanser and having oily combination skin, I don't think I got the best results from it. The serum made my face sting for about half an hour and my face felt very hot and went really red. And the foundation I didnt find gave me as much coverage as I would have liked. However I would recommend this as a summer foundation, but in the Winter I prefer that little extra coverage!
I loved the brushes we used, the large blush brush was made from goats hair and another one we used was squirrel hair. Although that is slightly unappealing sounding to use on your face, they are so soft and easy to work with.
 I did purchase a few products from the permanent line, however none from the new collection. I bought an eyeshadow highlight " M white 907" a brown shimmer shadow in "ME soft copper 270,". And a gorgeous light pink blush in " M soft pink 335!"

Enjoy!xx
£100 eyelashes, with ruby diamantes 


Palettes- £50
Mascara- £20
Eyelash curler- Wasn't told!
 
Gel eyeliner (purple)

What I purchased! 

 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment